Catch A Ride (CAR) Program
Funded by the Wisconsin Departments of Workforce Development and the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, the Catch a Ride (CAR) program makes transportation services affordable to unemployed, underemployed, disabled, and low-income workers through the Winnebago County Employment Transportation Feonix Mobility Rising Program.
The Catch a Ride (CAR) program provides 24/7, on-demand employment transportation services for workers throughout the greater Oshkosh area. This program is not meant to duplicate services, but rather fill in the gaps for existing transportation services throughout Winnebago county. Therefore, this service cannot be used in areas or during times when other viable public transportation is readily available.
Individuals needing transportation services, but don’t have access to public transportation, are encouraged to apply.
Driver positions are available on a volunteer basis. Volunteer drivers will receive mileage reimbursement. Current employees of Winnebago County companies who have a valid drivers license and already provide transportation to coworkers to and from work are encouraged to apply to receive mileage reimbursement.
Becoming a Volunteer Driver
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive individuals to and from approved appointments and ensure that they arrive safely to their destination.
- Be punctual and dependable in picking up and dropping off the individual/s at the scheduled time.
Skills and Requirements
- 21 years of age or older
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Access to a vehicle that is roadworthy and reliable
- Must pass a background check and vehicle inspection
- The time and day depends on availability, as well as the appointments received.
- Schedule is flexible and you only accept the trips that work for your schedule.
- Volunteer drivers receive $0.54/mile for miles driven with the passenger in the vehicle.
- Once a volunteer driver is approved, they will access the CAR program through a smartphone app and use their own vehicle to go on pick-ups and drop-offs.
- The technology used is similar to Uber/Lyft where rides are requested and accepted over the app.
- Mileage reimbursement is paid through the app.
If you have questions regarding volunteer driving, contact:
- Kaylee Lyons
- Kristin Rice
CAR Program Contact
- Julia Steffes
Greater Oshkosh Economic Development Corporation