Target Industry Diversification
Target Industry Development
Oshkosh Aviation Park
This 80-acre business park is a prime location at the home airport of EAA AirVenture. Join the businesses such as Sonex, Meyer Aviation, and Basler Turbo Conversions.
Aviation Cluster Development
Working collaboratively with the City of Oshkosh and other stakeholders, the Greater Oshkosh Economic Development Corporation is leading efforts to develop regional Additive Manufacturing and MRO Clusters, recruit talent, and offer educational sessions about best practices and development in the aviation and aerospace industry.
Additive Manufacturing Cluster
As part of the Aerospace Cluster Implementation Project, the I-41 Corridor Additive Manufacturing Cluster will be recognized as an established Additive Manufacturing (AM) center in the Midwest and become the preferred partner of general and business aviation aircraft owners and operators for their additive manufacturing needs.
- Foster entrepreneurship and innovation in Additive Manufacturing
- Build the workforce
- Educate the supply chain about Additive Manufacturing
- Foster connections between companies and Additive Manufacturing resources in and out of state
- Populate the New North Supply Chain Directory with companies identifying their Additive Manufacturing capabilities
As part of the Aerospace Cluster Implementation Project, the I-41 Corridor MRO (Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul) Cluster will be recognized as the premier comprehensive MRO center in the Midwest and become the preferred partner of general business aviation aircraft owners and operators for their maintenance needs.
- Brand and promote the I-41 Corridor region as a general aviation (GA) and business aviation (BA) full maintenance center from experimental to business jets
- Offer a one-stop shop location for GA/BA aircraft with a complete range of services
- Build strong marketing efforts to promote the services and capabilities of the cluster to potential clients
- Develop assets, staff, and infrastructure required to be competitive in the marketplace
Talent Take-off Workforce Initiative
The “Talent Takeoff” Recruitment Initiative aimed to increase awareness of aviation careers and opportunities in the greater Oshkosh area. Greater Oshkosh EDC also worked with local universities and K-12 schools to promote aerospace and general aviation careers.
# 1 Industry by Employment
(22% Employment in Manufacturing Industry, September, 2023 BLS)
295 Manufacturing Establishments
(Bureau of Labor Statistics Last Modified Date: November, 2023)
13,490 Production Employees
(Bureau of Labor Statistics – Occupational Employment and Wage Statistics, 2022)