Oshkosh is the perfect place for businesses to call home. With an impressive portfolio of top employers, Oshkosh has the resources that businesses and entrepreneurs need to reach their goals and find success.
|Company||Industry||# of Employees|
|Oshkosh Corporation||Specialized trucks||2,800|
|Bemis (all Oshkosh locations)||Packaging tape/plastic film||2,300|
|Oshkosh Area School District||Education||1,290|
|US Bank (all Oshkosh locations)||Financial institution||1,144|
|Aurora Medical Center & Aurora Medical Group||Health care||870|
|Winnebago Mental Health Institute||Health care||702|
|Affinity – Mercy Medical Center||Health care||688|
|Silver Star Brands||Mail order distribution||650|
|City of Oshkosh||Government||569|
|Clarity Care||Health care||569|
|Oshkosh Correctional Institution||Corrections||502|
|Hoffmaster Group||Paper specialties||444|
|Walmart Super Center||Department stores||318|
|Lutheran Homes of Oshkosh||Assisted living||279|
|Muza Metal Products||Metal fabrication||265|
|Lapham-Hickey Steel||Steel products||256|
|Oshkosh Community YMCA||Human service organization||200|
Employee counts listed are the number of full-time equivalent employees reported by each organization for the Oshkosh area. Local Area Unemployment Statistics – April 2016.
Business Expansions & New Construction
Major highways, waterways and rail service surround the city. Other transportation services are well within reach.
- Highways running through and to Oshkosh include Interstate 41, U.S. Highway 45 and State Highways 21, 26, 44, 76 and 91.
- Oshkosh is surrounded by major waterways, including the Fox and Wolf rivers and the Lake Winnebago system.
- Rail service is provided by Wisconsin Southern and Canadian National.
- Oshkosh is served by the Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh and the Outagamie County Regional Airport, which is located less than 30 minutes away in Appleton, Wisconsin. General Mitchell International Airport is 80 miles away in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Two major ports are within 100 miles, Green Bay at 50 miles to the north and Milwaukee at 80 miles to the south.
- Bus service is available with a Greyhound terminal in Oshkosh. Public bus service is also available with the Oshkosh GO Transit System.
- Trans Load Site located in the Southwest industrial park will be one of three in the state and is operated by WI Southern Railroad.
Oshkosh in the Rankings
Oshkosh ranked #18 in GoodCall®’s Overlooked Dream Cities list
Oshkosh-Neenah MSA ranked #106 in the POLICOM Economic Strength Rankings in 2016.